If you’re renting property in Salt Lake City, getting renters insurance is a great way to protect yourself. While your landlord’s property insurance policy covers losses to the building itself, your personal property and certain liabilities will only be covered through renters insurance. Despite this, very few renters have insurance because they think the landlord’s policy is enough. It’s also common for renters to underestimate the value of their belongings, which can sometimes add up to thousands of dollars. Renters insurance is also essential for liability reasons. At Insurance Quotes Salt Lake we can connect you to the best renters insurance quotes on the market.
Reasons You Need Renters Insurance
- It’s affordable. Renters insurance costs pennies per day and there plenty of ways to get even less expensive insurance. You can usually pay for renters insurance for many years without a claim.
- It covers theft. If your rental home or apartment is robbed, renters insurance will pay to repair or replace everything that was lost. Without this policy, you’d have to replace personal property out of pocket, which can be financially devastating.
- It covers various perils. If your property catches fire or is damaged by the wind, renters insurance will pay to repair or replace personal property. The number and types of perils covered vary from state to state, but renters insurance covers most common damages.
- It covers bodily injury. When someone who isn’t immediate family is injured in your home or as a result of your property, medical costs are covered by renters insurance.
- It covers damage liability. If you or your personal property causes damage to someone else’s property, renters insurance pays for the damages.
- It’s versatile. Renters insurance can be tailored to specific needs and modified to travel with you if you move before the policy expires.
For a free renters insurance quote, visit Insurance Quotes Salt Lake. We’re here to give you the best rates and even better coverage in Salt Lake City.